At Enterprise Connect 2020, Kieran King (Senior Vice President of Customer Success, Talkdesk) outlined how Talkdesk is planning for the post-pandemic contact center for enterprises. COVID-19 has dramatically shifted the landscape of how contact centers are operating, requiring a shift in how contact center providers offer services that create and maintain positive customer experiences.
Since March 2020, Talkdesk reports that 86% of the agents they surveyed are now working remotely, with the other 14% practicing a combination of working remotely and working in the office. This reality has increased the need for data analytics and reporting software, since supervisors are not always able to immediately communicate with their agents.
Customers have also significantly altered their attitudes since March 2020. According to Talkdesk, 58% more customers since March 2020 have preferred to talk directly to a person instead of using other contact center channels (such as interactive voice response, IVR).
To respond to this changing landscape, Talkdesk offers a five-step action plan for reframing what positive customer experiences look like in this new normal.
For more information, watch Talkdesk’s session The CX Reframe: Planning for the New Normal of the Contact Center (available online until December 31, 2020 at Enterprise Connect 2020).
Source: SoftwareReviews Talkdesk Contact Center Software Scorecard. Accessed September 1, 2020.
Talkdesk’s statistics demonstrate the reality of the shifting contact center structure. With more agents working from home, organizations need to accommodate this change to ensure excellent customer experiences.
Though Talkdesk’s five-step action plan is vague, here are some concrete Info-Tech resources to map on to it:
Five9’s CX Summit for 2021 hosted events and interactive sessions that explored best practices for using Five9 as well as an outline of Five9’s roadmap for the coming year. Of special focus was Five9’s projected investments in voice technologies for the contact center.
John Aniano, Senior Vice President of Product in CRM applications at Zendesk, sat down with Info-Tech to discuss the current state of the contact center as a service (CCaaS) market space and Zendesk’s position in that space.
On July 7, 2021, TCN briefed Info-Tech on its continued growth, Experian partnership, and CCaaS platform TCN Operator.
On June 18, 2021, Aspect Software briefed Info-Tech on the rationale behind its merger with Noble Systems to found Alvaria. Aspect and Noble announced the merger on May 10, 2021, positioning Alvaria as a market leader in contact management and workforce engagement management (WEM), with half a billion dollars in combined revenue.
On March 24, 2021, Orange briefed Info-Tech on its UCaaS Business Services solution. Orange has positioned its solution to be flexible and adaptable to a range of client use cases. Not only does Orange’s UCaaS offering center within a broad portfolio of solutions (from omnichannel contact center to CPaaS), Orange also offers multi-deployment options, including on-premises, private, hybrid, and public/multi-cloud.
On December 1, Twilio – a cloud communications platform – briefed Info-Tech on its contact center as a service (CCaaS) solution, Flex.
On December 1, Zendesk – a global customer service software company – briefed Info-Tech on its contact center as a service (CCaaS) solution, Zendesk Talk.
On October 21, 2020, Avaya briefed its OneCloud CCaaS solution. OneCloud CCaaS provides an omnichannel experience with market-leading capabilities. If one’s organization is already embedded in the Avaya ecosystem, then OneCloud CCaaS ought to be leveraged if contact center functionality is sought.
On October 23, 2020, Verizon briefed its Contact Center Hub for SMBs. Launched October 1, Contact Center Hub is a hosted cloud service aimed at providing an easy-to-use multi-channel contact center solution for small- and mid-sized organizations. For SMBs that do not have a large customer base and only require the basics, consider shortlisting Verizon’s Contact Center Hub – especially if Verizon’s solutions are already being used in the organization.