Link to Document Column allows referencing files and folders placed at Document Library and provides easy and intuitive way to download files directly from column.
- Lookups documents and folders from any Document Library in all sites within site collection
- Allows single and multiple selection
- Provide ability to limit the set of allowed objects during links editing (in list item adding/editing mode). The limitation is done by specifying root folder
- Allows select documents in easy and intuitive way
- Provide ability to limit the set of selectable objects during links editing (in list item adding/editing mode) by defining object type (Files and Folders, Folder only, Files only)
- Display object file type icon in front of reference
- Language pack support (desired localization could be added by request)
Why ArtfulBits Link to Document Column?
ArtfulBits Link to Document Column adds custom functionality that is not present in SharePoint Foundation. It allows selecting multiple objects in easy and intuitive way.
Keywords: Link to Document, Link to Document Field, Link to File, Link to Folder, SharePoint Link Field, Hyperlink field, Lookup to file, Filter by Folder, Link Field for SharePoint, Link to Document Library
Recent Changes: New Features:
- Added ability to edit link display name
- Added advanced tooltip
- Added support for new licensing model (ArtfulBits License Manager v1.4)
- Added custom New/Edit Item forms support
- Improved link behavior on item New/Edit/Display forms
Install Support: Install and Uninstall
Supported Languages: English
Additional Requirements: Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows SharePoint Services v3, MOSS2007 or SP2010, MS Framework 2.0/3.0