Lame Front-End is a graphical interface for the popular and very fast MP3 encoder and decoder - LAME. It offers easy access to all LAME parameters without the need for command line usage.
The program offers a simple mode (for beginners), which was designed according to the LAME authors guidelines ([url removed] and an advanced mode which reveals additional expert options.
Lame Front-End can work in batch mode, so it can be used by external applications to encoding/decoding files, e.g. by Exact Audio Copy, CDex.
The application is designed for LAME 3.98.4 - the last stable release version in June 2010.
The most important features of the Lame Front-End:
* Converting WAV, PCM, AIFF, RAW files to MP3 (encoding).
* Converting MP3, MP2, MP1 files to WAV (decoding).
* Two modes: Simple for beginners, Expert for advanced users.
* Saving ID3v2 tags in the MP3 files.
* Integration with the Windows Explorer. Program adds a command Open with Lame Front-End to the context menu for supported files.
* Saving and loading LAME parameters.
* Small, easy to use and don't need any installation.
* Supported languages: english, polish, chinese, french, german, italian, japanese, russian, swedish
* 100% freeware (for private and commercial use). There are no limitations, adware, spyware etc.
Keywords: LAME, Lame Front-End, LAME 3.98.4, frontend, encoder, decoder, MP3, WAV, lame.exe, converter, freeware
Recent Changes: New version of the LAME encoder (3.98.4), small source code modification & bug fixes.
Install Support: No Install Support
Supported Languages: English, ChineseSimplified, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Swedish
Additional Requirements: Not Established